Sorry. You need to upgrade your browser

You are using Internet Explorer 8

This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.

Thank you.

Chartered Certified Accountants
and Business Advisors

01530 267320

Employee Tax Relief on Business Expenses

HMRC is keen for employees to know that there is no need to use a professional claims company if they want to claim tax relief on business expenses that are not reimbursed by their employer. This would include for example; uniforms, protective clothing and tools, professional fees and subscriptions, and mileage reimbursed at less that 45p per mile.


There are two ways to make a claim; either via personal tax account or by completing a form P87. Once the claim is processed the money will come back to the employee via a positive adjustment to their tax code. It will be carried forward each year until the employee tells HMRC they no longer have the expense.

13 Nov 2018

« Back to latest news

Latest news

Research and Development (R & D) Tax

Research and Development Tax is for businesses that invest in innovation and change! This can be through developi...

Click to read more >

Being a Company Director

As a director you are legally responsible for the running of your company and making sure information is sent to Compani...

Click to read more >

How can we help?




I would not hesitate to recommend the team at Sence, regardless of how long you have been in business and irrespective of the size of your business.

Rebecca Hogarth
Rebecca Hogarth

Click to read the full testimonial >