Sorry. You need to upgrade your browser

You are using Internet Explorer 8

This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.

Thank you.

Chartered Certified Accountants
and Business Advisors

01530 267320

First Soft Drinks Industry Levy return due in July

If you are a packager of drinks that are liable for the Soft Drinks Industry Levy (SDIL) you are required to send a return to HMRC every quarter, and pay any levy due.


There will be fixed reporting periods ending June, September, December and March. You must submit returns and pay any levy due within 30 days of the end of each reporting period. Where you are registered for this levy however and you have nothing to report, you are still required to file a NIL return, unless you are registered as a small producer.


To submit a return, you will need to register for the levy. Use the link below if you are a producer, importer or packager to see if you are liable to report.


If you need to report and you fail to register this is a criminal offence and you may be prosecuted and/or charged if you don’t submit and pay any levies on time. The charge from HMRC can be an estimate of what you owe if it is not filed on time.


There will be an online service available from July 2018 that you must use to submit your returns.

18 Jun 2018

« Back to latest news

Latest news

Employee Tax Relief on Business Expenses

HMRC is keen for employees to know that there is no need to use a professional claims company if they want to claim tax ...

Click to read more >

Your ongoing responsibilities for Payroll

Automatic Enrolment is a continuing process for employers " it doesn’t end once you have put your staff into a workp...

Click to read more >

Making Tax Digital (MTD) Important Information

From 1 April 2019, when all VAT registered businesses (with a taxable turnover above £85,000) will be required to keep ...

Click to read more >

Setting up as a Sole Trader

A Sole Trader means you are a one-man-band as self-employed. You don’t have a boss! When earning as a Sole Trade, a...

Click to read more >

Childcare Vouchers Scheme is now closed!

From 4th October 2018 the childcare voucher scheme is closed to new entrants, meaning those employees who are not regist...

Click to read more >

How can we help?




Finally an accountancy team that are thinking about our pennies as much as we are!

Helen Lamoon
Colab Enterprise Ltd

Click to read the full testimonial >