Sorry. You need to upgrade your browser

You are using Internet Explorer 8

This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.

Thank you.

Chartered Certified Accountants
and Business Advisors

01530 267320

Statutory Rates Will Change - 2017

In April 2017 the National Living Wage (NLW), National Minimum Wage (NMW), Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory maternity Pay (SMP) and Statutory Maternity Pay (SPP) will all be changing.  So, what is happening?

From the 1st April 2017:

The National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage will be aligned and the rates will be:

  • National Living Wage will rise to £7.50 per hour for all employees over the age of 25.
  • NMW for all workers aged 21 and over but under 25 will rise to £7.05 per hour
  • NMW for workers aged 18 – 20 – will rise to £5.60 per hour
  • NMW for workers aged 16-17 – will rise to £4.05 per hour
  • Apprentice rate will rise to £3.50 per hour

Statutory Rates (likely to take effect from the 10th April 2017)

The new rates for statutory pay will be:

  • Statutory Sick Pay – will increase to £89.35 per week.
  • Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, Statutory Shared Parental Pay and Statutory Adoption pay will rise to £140.98 per week.

If you would like any further information and help on statutory pay rates, call our Payroll Team on 01530 267 320 or email

03 Mar 2017

« Back to latest news

Latest news

What you need to know when your Company is Dormant...

A dormant company is not accountable for corporation tax purposes. There is no need to let Companies House know that you...

Click to read more >

Sence Alphabet

Do you know your Sence Alphabet? Annual Accounts Bookkeeping Compliant Digital ...

Click to read more >

VAT on hotel deposits

When you book a stay at a hotel for business use you usually have to put a deposit down at the time of booking, however,...

Click to read more >

Is it a Car or is it a Van?

The argument about whether a vehicle is a company car or van is back. It’s the differential in tax payable on company ...

Click to read more >

Teachers to have loans reimbursed

The government have now published details of how teachers in shortage subjects in certain parts of the country will be a...

Click to read more >

Tax and Paid Carers

When you foster children your local council will give you payments. HMRC treats paid foster and other carers as running ...

Click to read more >

Can a director be paid before trade begins?

New Companies often incur start-up costs before they begin trading. But… is it sensible from a tax and NI point of vie...

Click to read more >

Vat when incorporating your business

The motive for incorporating a business, that is working through a company instead of being self-employed or in partners...

Click to read more >

How can we help?




Good tax advice in a friendly and professional manner.

Dave Heard
Compressed Air Services Limited

Click to read the full testimonial >